Founder and Chief Executive Officer
As Dr. Battery's chief executive officer, Joshua is responsible for Dr. Battery's day-to-day-operations, as well as leading the company's product development and technology strategy. Joshua's management approach is innovative yet people focused. His vision is to revolutionize sustainable battery power solutions for future market applications. Under his leadership, Dr. Battery has grown from a 3 men operation to a 100+ employees global corporation within merely 5 years.
- Joshua has received many recognitions and awards, including:
- 2011 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Young Entrepreneur
- 2011 British Columbia Top 25 Exporter Award
- 2011 Chinese Canadian Entrepreneur Awards for Best Asia Pacific Business Award
- 2010 British Columbia New Canadian Entrepreneurs Award
- 2010 British Columbia Top 25 Exporter Award
- 2010 British Columbia Exporter Award for Consumer Products
- 2010 Young Entrepreneur Award by Richmond Chamber of Commerce British Columbia.
Chief Financial Officer
Fan joined Dr. Battery in 2009 and was appointed Chief Financial Officer. As CFO, he is responsible for overall financial performance of the company, and for multiple corporate functions including investor relations, long-range planning and corporate and strategic development. In addition to his CFO duties, he also leads enterprise-wide efforts to continuously improve competitiveness of the company's business support functions.
Fan is a Certified Management Accountant, and holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Memorial University of Newfoundland as well as a Master in Management Information Systems from the University of British Columbia. Prior to being named CFO in Dr. Battery, Fan held various senior positions in large corporations including Principal Technical Director for more than five years.
Chief Operation Officer
Ricky joins Dr. Battery team in 2006 and was promoted to General Manager in 2009. Ricky was appointed Chief Operation Officer in 2012, responsible for managing the company's daily operations and reporting them to the chief executive officer (CEO). He is accountable for the development and enhancement of the systems that create and deliver the company's products. Ricky is also responsible for maximizing business operations efficiency and effectiveness.
Ricky holds the Certificate of Network Administrator Technician from British Columbia Institute of Technology.